POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRC channel - #povray at irc.freenode.net : Re: IRC channel - #povray at irc.freenode.net Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRC channel - #povray at irc.freenode.net
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 22 Dec 2004 05:39:20
Message: <41c94ed8@news.povray.org>

news:Xns95C771E3B3DD9raf256com@203.29.75.35...

> Hi,
> what is the "official" IRC channel for povray?
>
> There is a channel at irc.freenode.net, but there are only a few ppls. If
> more users would join it (just to be arond), then perhaps it could be a
> greate place to ask "small" questions or just to chat.

Yes I visited it some times ago and felt friendly there, but IRC is a
time-hog, it eats hours as if there were seconds, so I limit my IRC
connections

> So - /j #povray  :)
>
> --
> http://www.raf256.com/3d/
> Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/
> Computer Graphics

I don't know if there is an official channel but, for french speaking
people, there is #pofray-fr on undernet
(english speaking people are welcome of course but it is a mostly
french-speaking chan)

Marc